Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


We celebrated like true Chicagoan this year...no, not by drinking green beer and passing out in the streets but rather by watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and witnessing the Chicago River being dyed green.


Don't forget to wear green today or you're likely to get pinched (as Grace continues to remind me - she'll go to school dressed head to toe in green for fear of being pinched).


Thakfully, the Art Institute Lions are safe, since they are already green.

Erin go bragh!

10 comments:

  1. What?? No green beer? (I don't think we can get it here, which is blasphemous, in my opinion.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy St. Pattys my friend I love coming to your blog. I always feel like I have visited an old friend. Thanks for always posting such sweet things on my blog too. When I see that you post I always say aweeee LOVE her blog…. xoxox Have a blessed GREEN St. Pattys day . xoxox HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool! Houston does the same thing with our main bayou, altho I don't know when. i'll have to look it up for next year. my cor wont be pinched today - he's home sick today and he was so upset - he had an awesome shirt! I told him he could still wear it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool! I had no idea that they colored the river! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy holidays. I am wearing a green sweatshirt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy st Patrick's Day, nothing too exciting happened here but when I messaged my cousin in Ireland he told me they had been partying for 3 days straight. If there is one thing I know about the Irish they love their liquor, or maybe that's just my family ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Amy. You are so funny. Grace has spent her day pinching me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I so miss the river being dyed green! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy! My cousin was at the same parade...it was neat seeing pictures from of the green river too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun...I have always wanted to see the green river. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...